26 May . 2021
Post-Quarantine Travel Needs & Essentials
It’s Time to Live Life in Every Direction - Start By Heading SouthWest
After more than a year staying largely at home, it’s no wonder people are eager to travel. Before booking those tickets for a much-needed vacation, or planning the route for a road trip, it’s important to know where you’re going, and what to take on a trip. We’ll provide a list of carry-on essentials, and other travel needs, no matter what your destination. Our first suggestion: if you’re really ready for a change of scenery, Arizona is a popular year-round getaway. It’s also an amazing place to live. Estrella is the star, located just 17 miles west of Phoenix in Goodyear, Arizona.
Estrella is a mixed-use, master-planned community of smaller villages and neighborhoods with a range of amenities and attractions. Set against a spectacular backdrop of the High Sonoran Desert and the Sierra Estrella Mountains and connected by wild desert trails perfect for walking, hiking, or biking. 72-acres of lakes provide sporting and relaxing activities. There are also three action-packed resident clubs, with multiple family activities including a splash pad and waterpark, an award-winning golf course, and more than 50 miles of paths and trails. The nearby shopping, dining, nightlife, and attractions will round out your trip to Arizona nicely.
Post-Quarantine: Your Travel Needs & Essentials
Since you’re considering travel, you’re likely to have received your vaccine, but don’t assume everyone around you has done the same. Compile a list of what to take on a trip to Arizona including post-covid travel needs and carry-on essentials to ensure you’re staying safe while on the go. Here’s a quick checklist of some items you’ll need:
- Sun protection like wide-brimmed hats, sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Summer clothes including casual shorts, shirts, dresses
- Light sweater or jacket for cool desert nights
- Bathing suits, coverups, insulated water flasks, clubs (did we mention golf?)
- Flip flops, sandals, hiking boots, golf shoes, sneakers, sturdy comfortable shoes
Now that you know what to take on a trip to Arizona, include some post-covid travel needs to ensure your safety and the safety of others by packing the items from the carry-on essentials listed below.
Travel Needs & Carry-On Essentials
Here’s our go-to post-COVID checklist of carry-on essentials:
- CDC Approved Face Mask
- Hand Sanitizer
- Hand Soap
- Small Med/First-Aid Kit
- Disinfectant Spray
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Personal Water Bottle
- Test/Quarantine/Vaccine Documentation (if applicable)
- Cold/Flu Medications
Updated CDC Guidelines
Traveling Before Fully Vaccinated
The CDC recommends delaying any travel until you are fully vaccinated. However, if you have travel needs, there are specific recommendations: People who have recovered from COVID-19 in the past three months or are fully vaccinated do not need to self-quarantine and can travel after exposure unless they display symptoms.
- Avoid travel if you or any of your companions:
-Have coronavirus symptoms (even if fully vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19 in the past)
-Have suspected or diagnosed COVID-19 (even if not displaying symptoms)
-Have been exposed to a suspected or confirmed case in the past 14 days (even if they were asymptomatic)
- CDC can restrict the travel of people known or suspected to have COVID-19 or who have been exposed to a confirmed case if they plan to travel. State, local, and territorial health departments and foreign public health authorities may also restrict any travel of infected or exposed people within their jurisdictions.
- Getting trip cancellation insurance may help ensure travelers can make a last-minute cancellation or change their itinerary without losing money on flights, cruises, train tickets, or pre-paid lodgings.
- For all travel, take preventive measures to protect yourself and others, such as wearing a mask for your trip duration. Masks are required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
Traveling While Fully Vaccinated
The COVID-19 vaccines are proven effective at protecting you from getting sick. From what we currently know, those that are fully vaccinated may begin to do things that were halted because of the pandemic. Based on CDC guidelines, those who are vaccinated:
- Are permitted to gather indoors with other fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask or social distancing.
- Can gather indoors with unvaccinated people of any age from only one other household (for instance, visiting with relatives who reside in one home together) without masks or social distancing, unless any of those people or anyone they live with are considered high risk.
- May travel within the U.S. without getting tested before or after travel or self-quarantining after travel.
- Must pay close attention to the situation at their international destination before traveling.
-You do not need to get tested before leaving the U.S. unless your destination requires it.
-You still need to show a negative test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the U.S.
-You should still get tested 3-5 days following international travel.
-You do not need to self-quarantine after arriving in the U.S.
- Are not required to get tested following exposure to a confirmed COVID-19 case unless they are displaying symptoms.
We hope to see you in Estrella soon. Safe travels!
Previous PostRoad Trip Supplies & Essentials
Older PostEstrella’s Arizona Bucket List of Must-Visit Places
Want More Information?
- 2021 (45)
- 2020 (58)
- 2019 (61)
- 2018 (52)
- 2017 (63)
- 2016 (36)
- 2015 (14)