28 April . 2021
How Housing Affects Your Life: Health & Well-being
Did you know that housing and health go hand in hand? The differences in furniture, lighting, and even music can make a world of difference in things like happiness, relaxation, and productivity, but our surroundings do much more than just set a mood; they directly affect your life and can influence your overall well-being.
Because home environments are where many Americans spend the most time, it’s one of the most critical influences on your sense of well-being. However, it is often overlooked.
Brightly lit spaces have been proven to improve depression and anxiety. The presence of treasured mementos or even plants has been shown to not only lift spirits but influence physical health. Yet, despite the powerful influence of our surroundings, we don’t give much thought to how we can use it to improve our lives, so here are some simple tips and changes that help ensure our spaces support good health:
- Cultivate Ultimate Comfort. Make it “feel like home.” If you enjoy entertaining, does your setup accommodate guests? Ensure that you have comfortable places to relax and your furniture encourages the lifestyle you live, whether it’s spending time with family or having friends over.
- Clear Out Clutter. Your home can’t be a refuge to relax and recharge if you find yourself continually dodging dirt and clutter. Clutter is shown to create more Clear it out.
- Brighten Lights. Let in natural light during the day to help you feel alert and awake but dim the lights as the afternoon wears on toward evening to help you wind down for the night.
- Speak to Your Senses. Think about how you customize your space and how it can shift the feel of each room. Learn which colors and types of artwork speak to which moods and work to create a peaceful, comfortable environment while visually enhancing the area.
- Notice Nature. Studies show that just a few minutes of contact with nature can help reduce stress and anger, and boost positive emotion, so it can be effective to bring these elements into the home.
How Living in Estrella Affects Your Life
While nurturing a healthy lifestyle within the home can positively affect your life, it’s just as important that you feel fulfilled when you step outside those doors.
It’s no secret the different amenities in Estrella promote a healthy lifestyle for all stages of life, whether you’re settling down with resort-style living in CantaMia 55+, establishing roots in Mountain Ranch, or making Montecito home.
The gated village of CantaMia 55+ consists of beautifully crafted homes on 540 acres of land. Offering a stunning private lake and views, there’s certainly no shortage of nature in this neighborhood. Additionally, it boasts a resort-style residents club featuring amenities such as a state-of-the-art fitness center, heated outdoor pool with beach entry, indoor lap pool, cafe, tennis and pickleball courts, fire pits, arts and crafts classrooms, and library — all designed for the utmost wellness of each resident’s mind, body, and soul.
Beautiful homes in the Mountain Ranch village surround North and South Lakes, as well as the Golf Club of Estrella. Rich with amenities and activities, this is the perfect place to both relax and play while enjoying all that the High Sonoran Desert has to offer. Also in the village of Mountain Ranch, on the shore of North Lake, you can find the Starpointe Residents Club, home to amenities like StarSplash WaterPark, heated lap pool, fitness facility, exercise classes, social clubs, and various dining opportunities.
Set in the spectacular and scenic Sierra Estrella Mountains, the village of Montecito is ideal for peaceful living. Since 2007, this village has featured some of the community’s most picturesque landscapes, from trails weaving through saguaros and desert flora to neighborhood parks. The homes in Montecito are built to energy-efficient standards, ensuring you save money while reducing your carbon footprint. Just out the front door, you can find comfort and convenience in amenities at the Presidio Residents Club, including the resort-style pool, mini water park-style splash pad, mountain views, covered lounging space, art gallery, recreation area, and a state-of-the-art fitness facility.
So you see, housing and health closely correlate, and how and where you choose to live can make a world of difference in your well-being. Customizing your space to ensure you have a calming environment to come home to and selecting a community like Estrella that provides ample opportunities to be active, connected, and pursue your passions makes it that much easier to manifest positivity and maintain a healthy lifestyle in the long run.
What are you waiting for?! It’s time to plant those roots!
Previous PostBuying New Construction Vs. Resale Homes
Older PostAn Expanded Definition of Sustainability & Well-Being in Estrella
Want More Information?
- 2022 (8)
- 2021 (52)
- 2020 (52)
- 2019 (58)
- 2018 (48)
- 2017 (53)
- 2016 (31)
- 2015 (10)