18 May . 2020
How to Prepare for the Perfect Pool Day
The pool is the perfect place to cool off, relax, and gather with family and friends. To ensure your day in the sun isn’t interrupted by misplaced goggles or a lost bottle of sunscreen, check out our ultimate guide on how to prepare for the perfect pool day.
Before venturing to one of Estrella’s resort-style pools or your backyard retreat, it’s important to have a few essentials on hand to ensure a fun-filled day ahead. Beyond the usual swimsuit and towels, we’ve compiled an ultimate checklist to help you stay prepared and protected. Keep in mind the community pools in Estrella may have different rules than your own backyard, so be sure to check with the HOA before visiting.
Ultimate Pool Day Checklist:
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Hair ties, baseball cap, or floppy straw hat
- Pool floaties and/or inflatable armbands for the kids
- Water bottle
- Portable speaker and/or headphones
- First aid kit
- Swimsuit cover-up, change of clothes, and poolside shoes
Tasty Treats & Refreshments
No pool day is complete without snacks and refreshments. From delectable frozen blueberry bites to sparking peach Bellinis, here are a few simple, yet pool-worthy recipes to try while soaking up the sun in your personal, backyard oasis.
If you’re enjoying the StarSplash WaterPark at Starpointe Residents Club open seasonally Memorial Day through Labor Day, consider grabbing a bite to eat at the Starpointe Splash Café. The café offers poolside service and a kid-friendly menu guaranteed to satisfy your swimmer’s appetite. Be sure to add plenty of water to the menu to stay hydrated!
- Mango Salsa: This mango salsa recipe is healthy, refreshing, and perfect for a day in the sun. Toss finely chopped mango, tomatoes, sweet bell pepper, and red onion in a bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Squeeze in some lime juice and serve with tortilla or pita chips.
- BLT Summer Rolls: Redefine the classic BLT sandwich with these light summer rolls. Layer cooked bacon, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, avocado and a drizzle of mayonnaise on rice paper wrappers. Roll the papers tightly, slice in half and dig in. *Low carb, dairy and gluten-free
- Frozen Blueberry Bites: These frozen blueberry bites are guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth. Dip each berry into your yogurt of choice and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer until chilled and enjoy.
- Pineapple Iced Tea: This pineapple iced tea is the perfect poolside refresher. In a saucepan, boil water, add tea bags and steep for five minutes. Stir in sugar until dissolved, transfer to a pitcher and add pineapple and lemon juice. Refrigerate and garnish with pineapple wedges and mint leaves.
- Sparkling Peach Bellinis: Try this sparkling peach Bellini for a festive poolside cocktail. Place halved peaches on a lined baking sheet, drizzle honey on top, and fold foil over fruit to seal. Bake until tender. Once cooled, blend in a food processor until smooth. Combine peach puree, peach nectar, and champagne, or sparkling grape juice, in a pitcher and serve in a chilled glass. *No alcoholic beverages allowed at community pools
Games & Entertainment
Lounging poolside is even more relaxing with a little entertainment. Grab your favorite book or magazine, or listen to a new podcast while soaking up some sun. For those enjoying a relaxing pool day in their own backyard, consider these water-friendly activities to keep the kids busy all day long:
- Swimming Pool Scavenger Hunt: Divide your swimmers into two teams and throw several pairs of items such as (2) coins, (2) diving sticks, (2) pool noodles, etc. into the water. The first team to collect one of each item wins.
- Splash Dance: Challenge your swimmers to choreograph their own water ballet. Blast their favorite song and incorporate different pool floaties and toys for extra fun. Have them perform their show once complete!
- Underwater Obstacle Course: Punch holes in a couple hula hoops and fill them with water. Have a few swimmers hold the hula hoops underwater to create an obstacle course, and take turns having players swim through the hoops. Have them gather objects from the bottom of the pool while trying to navigate through the course for an extra challenge!
Despite being in the desert, Arizona is home to multiple watering holes to keep you cool all summer long! Check out our Family Friendly Watering Holes in Arizona blog to discover a few hotspots perfect for your next weekend excursion.
Want More Information?
- 2021 (24)
- 2020 (57)
- 2019 (61)
- 2018 (52)
- 2017 (63)
- 2016 (36)
- 2015 (14)