26 March . 2020
How to Keep Kids Entertained at Home
When rain, summer vacation, or other circumstances are keeping the kids home, it can be hard to keep everyone entertained. And when TV and video games only go so far, it’s a great idea to have a few creative tricks up your sleeve to keep the kids actively engaged. Check out these easy and affordable activities guaranteed to bust boredom for good.
Create an Art Studio
Get the creative juices flowing and set up an at-home art studio. Clear off a table or desk and stock the area with basic art supplies, such as paper, drawing materials, washable paint,and watercolors and all the tools to create a masterpiece. Lay down an old tablecloth or sheet in case of any accidents and to make clean up a breeze. Use storage containers or plastic cups to keep the space organized and your supplies in good condition. For project inspiration, check out YouTube’s free art classes that are perfect for your budding artists. From easy and fun coloring classes to more advanced 3D drawings, YouTube offers endless artistic opportunities for kids of all ages.
Keep the kids off the couch with some fun, indoor activities. Whether you’re looking to bust a move or unwind with some kid-friendly yoga, here are a few suggestions guaranteed to burn off some energy.
- Freeze Dance: The rules are simple, dance when the music is playing and freeze when it stops. If a player continues dancing or breaks their pose when the music is paused, they must sit down. The last player standing wins. Check out this mom-approved playlist to create the ultimate dance party.
- Balloon Volleyball: Create an indoor volleyball court by tying a piece of yarn from one chair to another or in between two walls. Use a balloon as a volleyball and start practicing your serving skills.
- Yoga JENGA: Write a yoga pose on each JENGA block and begin the game as usual. When a player pulls out a block, everyone must do the yoga pose listed on the piece. If the tower falls, all players must do 10 jumping jacks.
- Spy Maze: Transform your hallway into a spy maze by zig-zagging yarn from various spots and heights. Challenge the kids to make it across without touching the yarn. The first person to successfully reach the end of the maze wins!
- Cosmic Kid’s Yoga: Have an at-home yoga session with Cosmic Kid’s Yoga. The fun and interactive YouTube channel has hundreds of yoga classes designed for children ages three and up.
- GoNoodle Dance Routines: Learn some new moves with GoNoodle’s online dance routines. Featuring songs from the hit movie Troll’s, GoNoodle’s classes are sure to keep the kids moving and grooving all day long. Visit GoNoodle.com for more at-home exercises, games, and educational activities.
Set Up a Restaurant
Cooking just got more fun with at-home restaurants. Create a menu filled with options tailored to your children’s ages and skill levels. Have the kids brainstorm a restaurant name and encourage them to get crafty and design a menu or restaurant name sign. While younger children may stick with simpler foods like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and ants on a log, older kids can try more advanced recipes like mac n’ cheese, spaghetti nests, and vanilla sugar cookies with sprinkles (all with parent supervision of course). Act like you’re the customer, order an item off the menu, and begin cooking. Once complete, have the kids serve the food as though they are the owners of the restaurant. Not only is it a fun activity for the whole family, but it’s also a great way to get the kids into the kitchen!
Learning doesn’t only have to take place at school. 123Homeschool4Me has hundreds of free educational worksheets for kids of all ages. From English and language arts to math and science, the popular resource has all the curriculums needed for a well-rounded education. They also have hands-on activities and printable board games to make learning even more fun!
You can also check out Highlights Kids for more interactive games and puzzles perfect for keeping the kids entertained and mentally engaged at home.
Now that you’ve got some ideas, it’s time to get the fun started! Share your favorite activities with us at @EstrellaAZLife on social for the chance to be featured on our page.
Previous PostHow to Create a Productive Home Office
Older PostCafe Bebida Unveils Custom Family Kona Coffee Blend
Want More Information?
- 2021 (45)
- 2020 (58)
- 2019 (61)
- 2018 (52)
- 2017 (63)
- 2016 (36)
- 2015 (14)