12 October . 2018
The Villages of Estrella: Making Montecito Home
Set in the spectacular High Sonoran Desert and nestled into the Sierra Estrella Mountains, Estrella is the best kind of hometown. Everywhere you turn, you’ll find family, friends, and distinctive neighborhoods that make up our three thriving villages. Since 2007, the village of Montecito has featured some of Estrella’s most picturesque desert landscapes. Trails weave through majestic saguaros and desert flora while homes exude Spanish and hacienda influences. This ever-evolving village is still being developed with new phases, new homes coming, and a proposed commercial area that is intimate in scale. The other three villages in Estrella are Mountain Ranch - our very first village, Lucero which opened in 2019, and CantaMia—a 55+ community voted one of the best places to retire by Where to Retire magazine.
Each home is built to meet Energy Star® standards to save you money and reduce your carbon footprint in this desert oasis. In Montecito, find the balance between 150 acres of serene natural desert surroundings and resort amenities the moment you walk outside your door. With so many amenities and activities to choose from, you’ll never have a dull day. Once you experience Estrella, you’ll wonder why you didn’t make the move to Goodyear sooner.
Presidio Residents Club
When you live in Estrella, enjoy the comfort and convenience of the newest community residents club, Presidio. Designed in the rustic Mediterranean-style architecture of Andalusia, the 18,500 square-foot facility in Montecito has a number of noteworthy features.
- Visit the resort style pool, great for swimming and lounging alike.
- Enjoy the afternoons with your friends out of the heat in the large covered loggia.
- Bring the kids along to play all day at the mini water park-style splash pad with drip and dump buckets for an entire afternoon of fun.
- Take in breathtaking mountain views from the 650 square foot patio with quaint sitting areas and a covered barbecue area next to the pool.
- Enjoy cooking and need inspiration? Visit our demonstration kitchen to pick up culinary tips to take home.
- Spend time with friends and neighbors in one of the many gathering spots at Presidio, both indoors and out—the event lawn, sports lounge (with televisions and a pool table), cafe, and great room with a fireplace are just a few of the stylish options available.
- Peruse the featured art in the gallery by the veranda on a lazy afternoon.
- Get your heart racing in the state-of-the-art fitness facility with both cardio and strength training machines.
A Jam-Packed Events Calendar
No matter which village you call home, there are endless opportunities to connect with neighbors and get social. Grab your dancing shoes and shimmy the night away to local Arizona musicians at the annual Goodyear Lakeside Music Festival. You’ll love our one-of-a-kind Independence Day celebration every July 3rd. Every year we light up this entertaining event with a stunning firework display over the lakes. To learn more about our community events, make sure to check out our calendar.
Hobbyists Gather Together
Estrella residents have the opportunity to participate in a wide array of hobbies and with our various social clubs, they can share their interests with fellow neighbors. There is something for everyone, whether your passion is sports, sailing, arts and crafts, or being in nature. Sign up for a club or start your own, then make the most of the multi-function rooms at our Starpointe Residents Club. There is plenty of space for all activities. Here are just a few of the social clubs offered in Estrella:
- Craft Club: If you have an artistic bent, get crafty with your friends at Estrella’s Craft Club. Design and create anything you have in mind and get inspiration from our professional demonstrations.
- Super Heroes Club: Many of our residents like to volunteer to plan and participate in community events or raise money for local charities. Join the Super Heroes Club, it’s a fun time and presents an opportunity to give something back to the local community.
- Estrella Youth Sports: One of our community’s most popular groups. This club organizes leagues, camps, and clinics year-round for a wide variety of sports including baseball, volleyball, tennis, basketball, football, soccer, and cheerleading. The kids will love joining in and if you have a passion for a sport, why not volunteer to coach one of our teams or referee a game?
- Photography Club: Whether photography is your passion, or you want to improve your snapshots, the Estrella photo group is the ideal club. This group is for novice and advanced photographers alike, with members learning and sharing techniques such as the proper use of lighting and composition to bring photos to life.
- Pickleball Club: Haven’t got in on the pickleball craze yet? Now’s the time! This unique game is a blend of table tennis, badminton, and tennis. Our community has a strong pickleball club and several courts to play on with friends and family. Warning: pickleball is highly addictive.
Enjoy the Beauty of Nature
The Montecito village is home to Bougainvillea Park, a large, open park with plenty of room to play. Take in the beautiful views while enjoying a peaceful stroll, walking your four-legged friend, or birdwatching. Get your game on at the sand volleyball court, have your kids become expert sliders on the expansive playground, or pick up a game of t-ball on the open field. We also have barbecue and picnic areas to hang out with friends and family, and a seemingly endless supply of grassy areas for the kids to run around or fly a kite on.
Montecito village is also home to Stargate trail which is great for hiking and mountain biking (get the Estrella paths and trails guide here). The trail weaves behind Estrella Foothills High School and links to Bougainvillea Park. Residents of Montecito also have access to the bike pump track at Foothills Community Park in neighboring Estrella village Mountain Ranch which is sure to get your adrenaline pumping! As our community continues to grow, we will be creating additional paths, trails, and parks. Check our future plans page for community updates.
In addition to our 40+ parks and 50+ miles of trails, the Estrella villages benefit from 72 acres of lakes. Our residents love sailing, canoeing, peddle boating, and kayaking on North Lake. No need to bring equipment, the Estrella Yacht Club will provide everything you need and it is completely complimentary to residents. If you’re in the mood for a game of volleyball, a barbecue, or a romantic sunset walk, then South Lake is the place to be.
Excellence in Education
We understand the importance of childhood education, and residents of Estrella are proud to send their children to excelling schools in the area. Families with school-aged children in our community have access to both Estrella Mountain Elementary, an International Baccalaureate World School and Westar Elementary, a magnet school for the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) program. The curriculum provides quality education for kids in kindergarten through eighth grade, encouraging them to grow through exploration and interaction. The young adults of Estrella benefit from Estrella Foothills High School (EFHS), where they receive an exceptional, enriched education in a fun-filled, creative, and nurturing environment. At EFHS students take advantage of necessary courses that prepare them for high school graduation and a university experience.
Estrella is a full-fledged, master-planned community in all the right ways. No matter which village you choose to reside in - Lucero, Mountain Ranch, Montecito, or CantaMia 55+, you find all the amenities that are essential to live a happy and healthy life. Estrella has everything covered, from quality healthcare facilities to assorted dining options to recreational activities. The comfortable single-family homes and resort style living are the perfect combination.
If you’re ready to experience Estrella first-hand and explore our homes, visit us and become a resident for a day! We can’t wait to show you around.
Previous PostGet To Know Your Estrella Community Representatives: Susie
Older PostGet To Know Your Estrella Community Representatives: Cindy
Want More Information?
- 2021 (12)
- 2020 (57)
- 2019 (61)
- 2018 (52)
- 2017 (63)
- 2016 (36)
- 2015 (14)