04 February . 2016
3rd Annual Goodyear Lakeside Music Festival Returns to Estrella
We’re already getting excited to host the Goodyear Lakeside Music Festival (GLM Fest) here at our lakeside amphitheater, a grand celebration of local music and culture. Organized by the West Valley Arts Council and the City of Goodyear, this free event is open to the public and will feature 13 live bands and solo artists across a wide range of genres. GLM Fest will be held on April 16th from noon – 9 p.m. and will feature a kids’ zone, food vendors including local food trucks, free parking, a beer and wine tent, and music on two stages.
Headlining bands include:
· The Cuban Tribe, with two-time Grammy-nominated artist Marcos Crego – Cuban
· The Thaddeus Rose Band, awarded the 2016 “Best Cover Band” by radio station Kool FM 94.5 – Covers
· Laura Walsh, soloist winner of the 2014 Alice Cooper “Proof is in the Pudding” talent search – Country
· Innocent Elaine, with music inspired by groups like Blink-182, Green Day and Nirvana – Pop Rock
· Big Nick & The Gila Monsters, blues veterans with 20 years of experience in Phoenix Blues clubs and festivals – Blues
· Come Back Buddy, a 3-piece rock-n-roll band inspired by the legendary “Buddy Holly and the Crickets – 50’s
Bands on the second stage include:
· CO-OP, a “desert hard rock” band featuring Dash Cooper, son of Rock legend Alice Cooper – Rock
· Vintage Wednesday – covering bands like The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Rolling Stones, U2 and Led Zeppelin – Classic Rock
· Mother Land Soul, a music fusion group of Soul and Reggae rhythms –Soul/Reggae
· Taylor Upsahl, Phoenix-based singer/ songwriter – Acoustic Folk
· Keith Johnson creates the full sound of a steel pan orchestra in various musical genres – Steel Drums
We’re expecting another great turnout for this year’s event. If you can’t spend the entire day with us, we hope you’ll make sure to arrive in advance of the acts you want to see. Don’t forget to bring your own blankets or chairs as well as check out the beer & wine tent and local food truck vendors to keep you hydrated and full.
When: Saturday April 16, Noon - 9 p.m.
Where: Estrella Lakeside Amphitheater, 10300 S. Estrella Parkway, Goodyear
Cost: Free Parking, Free Entrance
Want More Information?
- 2018 (34)
- 2017 (96)
- 2016 (69)
- 2015 (32)