06 August . 2015
Back to school tips and supplies
Tips for a smooth transition into the new school year:
- Send children to bed five to ten minutes earlier every night until you reach the desired school night bedtime.
- Turn off the TV. Encourage your child to play quiet games, do puzzles, flash cards, color, or read as early morning activities instead of watching television. This will help ease children into the learning process and a successful routine.
- Make lists of tasks that need to be completed during a typical school week and review with your children to ensure they are prepared for the transition.
- Create a Homework Station – create a space where kids can work on homework and a caddy for their supplies. It’s a great way to keep them organized throughout the school year! Check out some ideas on our School Rules Pinterest board.
- Review all notices sent home or information posted on the school website. Utilize a folder for all documents that need a signature and must be return to school.
- Mark your calendar. Make notes of important dates such as Welcome Back Night, tryouts for sports teams or scheduled fall, winter and spring important dates.
- Visit the school. If time allows, call ahead and bring your child to school to visit their classroom noting school procedures for drop off and pick up locations.
Schools Supplies: a quick checklist of the necessities...
No. 2 pencils
Large pink eraser
Spiral-bound or composition notebooks
Loose-leaf notebook paper
Pencil case that fits in a binder
Folders that fit in binders
Calendar or planner
Index cards, ruled and unruled
Previous PostNewland 10 Year Anniversary at Estrella
Older PostNew Ways to Enjoy the Great Outdoors in Estrella
Want More Information?
- 2019 (15)
- 2018 (80)
- 2017 (93)
- 2016 (39)
- 2015 (25)